SA clubs reopening
Following the advice of the SA Government, all Fernwood Fitness clubs in SA will be permitted to reopen from 28 July, 2021. Your membership will be reactivated automatically, so there is nothing you need to do.
If you would like to get in touch or have any questions regarding the reopening, please contact your club. We can't wait to see you in the club!
Victorian clubs reopening
Following the advice of the Victorian Government, all Fernwood Fitness clubs throughout Victoria will be permitted to reopen as of 28 July, 2021. Members must wear a mask unless undertaking vigorous exercise or when an exemption applies.
If you would like to get in touch or have any questions, please contact your club via email.
NSW temporary closures
Following the advice of the NSW Government, all Fernwood clubs located in Greater Sydney including the Blue Mountains, Central Coast and Wollongong will be closed temporarily. If you would like any further information, or have any questions at all, please contact your club directly via email.
Please visit the NSW Government website for more information: https://www.nsw.gov.au/covid-19
Following the advice of the ACT Government, masks can be removed when engaging in exercise. It is asked that people wear a mask when entering the club, waiting for classes and in other common areas, unless an exemption applies.
Following the advice of the WA Government, masks masks are mandatory indoors, unless an exemption applies.
Following the advice of the of the Queensland Government, all members entering Fernwood Fitness clubs in Queensland must wear a mask unless undertaking vigorous exercise or when an exemption applies.
Attending the club
We know how important it is for you to have a dedicated space where you can focus on your fitness and wellness. Before you head to the club, please scroll down on this page for more information about attending the club, including bringing your own water bottle, mat and towel.
If you're feeling unwell, please stay home until you are well again. Always speak to your GP, medical specialist or mental health specialist for health-related advice.
Keep moving with MyFernwood
We're here to support your health and fitness no matter what happens. MyFernwood is your exclusive online food, fitness, and wellness hub, packed with hundreds of recipes, at home workouts, yoga flows, meditations, online live chat with our fitness coach and nutritionist, and monthly meal plans.
For clubs that have reopened, membership payments and direct debits have recommenced so you can return to the gym you love. If you would like to speak to your club about your membership, please email the club directly.
Keeping our members safe, happy and healthy have always been our top priorities. That's why when you return to our clubs, you can expect the same fabulous Fernwood experience you know and love, with a few added touches.
Given recent events, it's important now, more than ever before, that we're all doing our bit to help us keep our clubs beautiful, safe and sparkling clean. All Fernwood staff have completed the Australian Department of Health Infection Control - COVID-19 online training, and we will have rostered cleaners on site throughout the day to keep the club sanitised at all times.
In-club restrictions are different across Australian states and territories, so please follow the government advice in your area.
If you're feeling unwell, even with mild symptoms, please stay home until you are feeling well again.
Entering the club
- When you enter the club, sanitise your hands and have your temperature checked by a staff member, then the staff member will direct you to swipe in.
- Follow social distancing guidelines at all times to keep yourself, staff and other members safe.
Look after yourself
- If you're feeling unwell, even with mild symptoms, please stay home until you are feeling well again. For health and medical advice, please speak to your GP or medical professional.
- If you become unwell during or after a workout, please give us a call to let us know. This ensures we can keep you, and our community, safe.
- If you have come in contact with someone who has tested positive or are awaiting test results for COVID-19, please do not come into the club. If you have been in the club during this exposure period, please call the club to let us know.
Wave to your Fernwood friends
- We know you all have a lot to catch up on, but at this time, it’s best to wave hello and then head to your workout.
- Please wait until a fellow member has finished using a machine, equipment, weights etc. before using them yourself.
A clean workout is a great workout
- Please wash your hands before arriving at the club, and regularly throughout your time inside the club.
- Wipe down and clean every piece of equipment before and after use. This includes all machines, cardio equipment, weights, benches and surfaces. Disinfectant wipes stations can be found in all workout spaces in the club.
- Bring your own towel, yoga mat and drink bottle to use during your workouts. You must have a towel and mat to workout.
- If you enjoy circuit-style workouts, please bring along a clean mat to use, and do not place bare hands on the ground - that’s what your mat is for.
- Maintain a safe distance between you and other members at all times.
- Book into your classes ahead of time, as our clubs and classes with be capped.
- There will be a 15-minute break in-between group classes to allow time for sanitising and cleaning to take place.
- Maintain 1.5 metres apart from staff and other members at all times. In group classes, X will mark your spot.
- Wipe down and clean every piece of equipment before and after use. This includes all equipment, weights, benches and surfaces.