Important updates | COVID-19
This page is updated regularly with information about our clubs reopening, and the health and hygiene measures we have in place to keep our members safe.
We can't wait to see you all back in the place you love!
ACT clubs reopening
Our ACT clubs will reopen from Friday 15 October, 2021 and we can't wait to see you! Your membership payments will recommence when the club reopens, unless you inform us otherwise.
At this time, 24/7 access is not permitted in ACT, so visits can only be booked during staffed hours. As per the reopening roadmap, group classes can recommence from October 29, 2021.
In line with ACT Health guidelines, all staff and club members need to check-in using the CBR App and maintain a minimum 1.5 square metre distance at all times. Keep scrolling for more important info!
You can stay up-to-date with government announcements here.
NSW clubs reopening
Our NSW clubs will reopen from Monday 11 October, 2021. Your membership payments will recommence when the club reopens, unless you inform us otherwise.
Keep scrolling for more important info!
You can stay up-to-date with government announcements here.
Vaccine mandates in NSW and VIC
We know how important it is for our members to have a safe space to focus on their health and fitness. When you return to the club, it will still be the Fernwood you know and love.
Vaccine mandates have been set by the State Government for gyms and health/fitness clubs. This means the government requires all Fernwood staff, members and visitors to be fully vaccinated (two doses of an approved Australian vaccine) against COVID-19 in order to enter their Fernwood club.
To make this process as easy as possible for our members, all you need to do is upload verification of your COVID-19 vaccine status, showing you have received both vaccinations. Once you have uploaded this information, your FOB (club access key) will be updated with this information and enable you to enter the club for your workouts.
- The vaccine mandate is now required in NSW
- The vaccine mandate is required in regional Victoria from 22 October, 2021
Get started by clicking on the button below. We can’t wait to see you!
Please keep in mind, these mandates have been set by the government. Our staff have worked tirelessly to prepare the club for reopening, and they are following the government mandates. We ask that you be kind to our staff.
Want to find out more? Read our FAQs about returning to the club.
Following the advice of state governments, Fernwood Fitness clubs are closed temporarily in these locations:
- Metropolitan Melbourne
If you would like any further information, or have any questions at all, please contact your club directly via email.
Keep moving with MyFernwood
We're here to support your health and fitness no matter what happens. MyFernwood is your exclusive online food, fitness, and wellness hub, packed with hundreds of recipes, at home workouts, yoga flows, meditations, and more.
For clubs that have reopened, membership payments and direct debits have recommenced so you can return to the gym you love. If you would like to speak to your club about your membership, please email the club directly.
Given recent events, it's important now, more than ever before, that we're all doing our bit to help us keep our clubs beautiful, safe and sparkling clean. All Fernwood staff have completed the Australian Department of Health Infection Control - COVID-19 online training, and we will have rostered cleaners on site throughout the day to keep the club sanitised at all times.
In-club restrictions are different across Australian states and territories, so please follow the government advice in your area.
Entering the club
- When you enter the club, sanitise your hands and have your temperature checked by a staff member, then the staff member will direct you to swipe in.
- Follow social distancing guidelines at all times to keep yourself, staff and other members safe.
Look after yourself
- If you're feeling unwell, even with mild symptoms, please stay home until you are feeling well again. For health and medical advice, please speak to your GP or medical professional.
- If you become unwell during or after a workout, please give us a call to let us know. This ensures we can keep you, and our community, safe
- If you have come in contact with someone who has tested positive or are awaiting test results for COVID-19, please do not come into the club. If you have been in the club during this exposure period, please call the club to let us know.
Wave to your Fernwood friends
- We know you all have a lot to catch up on, but at this time, it’s best to wave hello and then head to your workout.
- Please wait until a fellow member has finished using a machine, equipment, weights etc. before using them yourself.
A clean workout is a great workout
- Please wash your hands before arriving at the club, and regularly throughout your time inside the club.
- Wipe down and clean every piece of equipment before and after use. This includes all machines, cardio equipment, weights, benches and surfaces. Disinfectant wipes stations can be found in all workout spaces in the club.
- Bring your own towel, yoga mat and drink bottle to use during your workouts. You must have a towel and mat to workout.
- If you enjoy circuit-style workouts, please bring along a clean mat to use, and do not place bare hands on the ground - that’s what your mat is for.
- Maintain a safe distance between you and other members at all times.
- Book into your classes ahead of time, as our clubs and classes with be capped.
- There will be a 15-minute break in-between group classes to allow time for sanitising and cleaning to take place.
- Maintain 1.5 metres apart from staff and other members at all times. In group classes, X will mark your spot.
- Wipe down and clean every piece of equipment before and after use. This includes all equipment, weights, benches and surfaces.